Tuesday 7 August 2012

Changing the world one bus stop at a time

Back in January 2011, after complaining about a pedestrian crossing, I bumped into a woman at a bus stop. She had been waiting for some time and her feet hurt. There was no bus shelter or seat there. I wrote to the council about it and, for good measure, wrote a blog post.

I go past the bus stop almost every day and nothing has changed for 18 months but today, I saw this:



A shiny new, grey (:\) grafitti proof bus shelter. Inside it is a little bench. The school boy I saw there looked just as miserable as anyone does at a grey bus stop but the rain was off his head and had he chose to, he could have sat down.

I would like to be able to take credit but no doubt the bus stop has been in the planning stage for a while.

Whatever. Go Prospect Council.

No comments:

Post a Comment